It is no secret how to eat healthy. Eat whole foods, meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, avoid processed foods. Many athletes are still consuming foods that bring little to no benefit to the body.
Let’s make a little check list of a few foods that should be not included in ones eating plan
- Soda– it is liquid sugar and empty calories. ALTERNATIVE: Water (Can add fruit, such as lemon) Coconut water, Kombucha, Coffee and tea without sugar.
- Pizza– especially if store bought or frozen. ALTERNATIVE: Homemade pizza with right whole food ingredients.
- White bread– Main ingredients are flour and sugar, empty calories. ALTERNATIVE: Whole grain bread or Ezekiel bread
- Industrial Vegetable oils– (soybean, canola, corn, sunflower) – These oils contain a large amount of omega-6, they disrupt the ratio between omega 6 and 3, which leads to inflammation. ALTERNATIVE: coconut oil, ghee, linseed oil, olive oil, avocado oil.
- Chocolate- Sugar, empty calories. ALTERNATIVE: Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
Aim to substitute these unhealthy foods most of the time. What counts is what we do habitually, having a soda once a fortnight won’t make us fat. Just the same as having a salad once a fortnight won’t make us healthy.
Little Ninja NZ
Karate Kids NZ