Share with your friends!
Priorityfitness Internship Program Auckland
It’s very difficult to employ someone academically sound and usually fit into a “normal gym” environment because Priorityfitness regimens are so unique.
What you will receive are
- complimentary membership worth $250 per month because you are required to attend training sessions minimum of 2 sessions per week.
- Weekly mentoring meeting.
- Opportunity to assist in group classes
- A chance to practice the craft you’ve learnt.
- A possibility to coach our members or/ and setting up your personal training business at the completion of your internship.
What are required from you.
- Although the learning never stops, the official internship will run for a duration of 3 months, you choose to allocate the number of hours you can commit during this period, again, the learning never stop, regardless of your time in the industry.
- While you are an intern you shall have an open mind to the tasks that are given. Because every single bit counts and we have all been there, whether it’s marketing, presentation, interacting with strangers, selling, training and motivating people of all ages and sizes.
- There are an infinite amount of knowledge in this space and you shall never be comfortable with your status quo. Never be a predictable trainer because a complacent trainer has no future in this business. You need to think long term.
- It is a rare and special opportunity for the right person, it is obviously very valuable both in monetary terms and for your personal growth, to put things in perspective, you can go study a personal training course and spend upward of $6 to $8 grand but come out with no real experience in an actual business, which is futile.
- 100% dedication and involvement = success.
Our internship program has been created to develop the next generation of coaches that are both knowledgeable in the instruction of techniques and capable of teaching fun and valuable SPARTA/SPARTABox classes.
Also, you will become proficient in the following;
- ESTABLISHING THE ROLE OF COACH AND ATHLETE/LIFTER AND WHY THAT’S SO IMPORTANT
- HOW TO BE CORRECTIVE AND EFFECTIVE IN YOUR COACHING CUES
- CUES TO AVOID
- HOW TO ASSESS AN INDIVIDUAL BASED ON THEIR KNOWN PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- HOW TO ASSESS AN INDIVIDUAL TO DISCOVER CURRENTLY UNKNOWN ABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS
WHAT DOES THIS INTERNSHIP INVOLVE?
While there are definite requirements to get into the program, the only real “structure” you will find is the progress timeline. This is in place to keep you moving forward so that we know that as a member of the internship program, you are committed to becoming a trainer. We are looking for people that are responsible, motivated, thirsty for knowledge, and who don’t need hand-holding to keep them on the path. The program is designed to be completed in as little as 3 months, but the speed at which you move through it will be determined by your background, experience and diligence in practice and execution.
HOW DO I APPLY?
All you have to do is meet our minimum requirements. You must provide a letter of intent. It all starts with this:
- WHAT DOES FITNESS MEAN TO YOU?
- WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT YOU TO BE THEIR COACH?
- WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO GAIN OUT OF THIS PROGRAM?
- WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND (INCLUDE ALL): EDUCATION, PROFESSION, SPORTS, AND FITNESS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES?
Please send your letters of intent to [email protected]
FEEDBACK FROM CURRENT/ PAST INTERNS:
“The Internship at Priority Fitness is a great way to gain experience in the sport & fitness industry. Throughout my time i have gained knowledge of how to perform and instruct new skills and techniques to clients, gained first hand experience in applying skills learnt at university and have begun to find and develop my coaching style. If you come into the internship with a good work ethic, willingness to learn and apply it with hard work you will come out of it a better member of the industry.”
– Andrew, AUT (Sport Science)
“I have really enjoyed my internship with the team at Priority Fitness, they are a great bunch of coaches who strive to better every person who walks through the door. Working along side DJ And Suga has been very beneficial for me, they have drastically improved my coaching ability and have taught me how to be a better group trainer by providing positive feedback of how I can strive to better my coaching approach. I look forward to continuing my internship and developing my programming and coaching skills and helping the awesome members of Priority Fitness achieve their fitness goals.”
– Regan, AUT
“I have learnt a lot of skills during my time interning at Priority fitness such as new weight training movements and how best to interact with clients. My favourite thing about working at PF is seeing the changes and improvements from week to week with all members and kids as they learn new movements and increase their strength. I have also been teaching rowing techniques to those at Priority Fitness and its rewarding to share my knowledge with others, watch them learn something new and thrive at the challenge.”
– Michelle, AUT